7 Ways to Improve your Organic Reach on Social Media
It’s no secret that most social platforms operate on a pay-to-play model today. According to Hootsuite, on Facebook, the average reach of an organic page post hovers around 5.20%. That means roughly one in every 19 followers sees the page’s non-promoted content. However there are still many ways to improve your organic reach on social media. Here are 7:
1. Focus on the platforms that make the most sense for your business and learn the best ways to make your content stand out.
2. Create a content strategy that resonates with your audience by learning who they are and what they are interested in.
3. Practice social listening to learn not only about what your audience is engaging with but also what content your competitors are creating that is relevant.
4. Establish realistic goals for your content by focusing on building your brand and audience. Social media content should provide value and be a mix of educational, entertaining and promotional content.
5. Be consistent with your social media content by posting at regular intervals and at the right time. Remember quality not quantity is key.
6. Engage with your audience by asking them questions or encouraging them to share their thoughts or experiences. This is also a great way to get to know your audience better.
7. Be active on your social media platforms by responding quickly to comments, especially right after you post. This increases your chances of additional engagement and allows you to show a little brand personality.
Growing your organic social media presence also is a great way to lay the foundation for a paid ad strategy because behind every successful ad campaign is a consistent and creative social media presence that strengthens brand, relationships, and trust.