A Digital Marketing Checklist to Help Your Business
If you’ve put nominal effort into digital marketing because, like many, you’ve built your business offline and that has always worked, or maybe it’s simply been on the back burner, now is the time to focus on efforts that will set your business up for long term success.
From something as basic as giving your website and social pages a fresh look to more targeted approaches such as paid advertising, here is a checklist of things you can be doing right now:
Optimize Your Digital Presence
Your digital presence is the basis of how you are found online. Look at your website, blog, and any 3rd party sites where your business is listed and make sure they are all fully optimized. Check in on your SEO to see if your content is as visible in search as possible. And update all old information about your business.
Digital Presence Checklist
- Update your website
- Optimize your website for mobile
- Fine tune your SEO
- Create targeted landing pages
- Claim 3rd party sites like Google My Business and other business listings
- Optimize your social channels
Grow Your Social Reach
Social media has its own algorithm used to create a positive user experience. By sharing your posts to a small percentage of your followers, this algorithm monitors engagement and adjusts accordingly. The more people engage with your content the more likely the algorithm will favor your social media channels and increase your social reach.
Social Reach Checklist
- Post the right balance of promotional and useful content
- Post the right type of content (photos, videos, links)
- Use targeting to maximize your organic reach
- Interact with and engage your followers
Paid Advertising is a Smart Move
Not only is paid advertising an effective way to find new customers and generate revenue but it is also a great long-term investment in your business. Search traffic will continue to increase as more and more business is being conducted online.
Paid Advertising Check List
- create ad campaigns to meet your audience’s changing behavior
- use correct call-to-actions (eg. don’t say ‘call now’ if no one will be there to pick up the phone)
- write ad copy with the appropriate tone and message
- create KPIs so they match the current climate
Businesses who understand the value of digital marketing and make the commitment will benefit today and well into the future. Don’t miss the golden opportunity in front of you!
We are ready to roll up our sleeves and work with you. Let us know how we can help by completing our Digital Checklist form.